On My Nook: Gone Girl

Dec 6, 2012


"Marriage can be a real killer." That's the start of the synopsis behind the book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I just finished this book last week and I didn't think it would suck me in so much. This book seriously should be a movie. 

I don't want to give too much away because this book is a thriller and a page turner. So, there is this perfect couple Nick and Amy and they have the perfect marriage until they start to notice each others true colors. They say you don't know someone until you live with them, well this is what happened to Nick and Amy. On their fifth anniversary Amy goes missing form their home and because people watch too many lifetime movies the first suspect is Nick her husband. Throughout the investigation Nick tells a series of lies that do not help his case to cover up his past bad behavior and Amy's discovered diary does't make him look any more innocent. People from Amy's past show up and hint that she is not the post sane person ever and could put any one on edge of murder.

I feel like this summary just doesn't do the book any justice because I can't give away the anything because their are so many secrets to discover. Just know you won't be bored reading this. If you are in to Romance, Law and Order (SVU), CSI, all those crime shows with a hint of romance you'll love this book. It's truly a page turner and once you get to the good part it starts with another part of the story that will make you want to turn the pages faster.



9 comments :

  1. Sometimes its the ones that have the vague book summaries that suck you in the most. I havent read this one yet but Ive heard great things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard this was great
    Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great, i'm defo going to read it! great post!! i have a new post up, i'd really love your opinion!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Gone Girl from blogs and they seem to either like or hate it. I liked the way you have created a collage that immediately summarizes what the book is about. Now I'm going to check this book out. I completely agree that we only really get to know someone once we live with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU SOLD ME! I'm going to buy it tonight for my weekend read! Thanks!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea!
    lovely post!
    :)
    http://talkingaboutf.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!

    Love your blog!


    Wanna follow each other?

    Follow me on GFC or Facebook And i Will follow you back ;)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Juicy-Confashions/450396928311999

    Kisses from Amsterdam!

    Http://juicyconfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting : )
xoxo,
Cindi

Follow me on:

Instagram // Pinterest // Tumblr // Facebook // Bloglovin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...